Corruption in army kills! Report cases of abusing power!
Preventing corruption in the Ministry of Defence of Ukraine
Anticorruption Program of the Ministry of Defence of Ukraine
The goal of the Anti-corruption Program of the Ministry of Defence of Ukraine is to ensure compliance with the anti-corruption legislation and strengthen the work on prevention corruption through the implementation of the State Anti-corruption policy in Ukraine (the Anti-Corruption Strategy) for 2014 - 2017 approved by the Law of Ukraine on October 14, 2014 No 1699-VII, public programs to prevent corruption, further implementation of NATO mechanisms on building integrity, transparency, integrity, reducing corruption risks in the defence institutions and implementation of legal acts of the Ministry of Defence of Ukraineof developed on their basis.
The general policy of the Ministry of Defence of Ukraine to prevent and detect corruption in the defence sector is based on the understanding that society should have confidence in the integrity of the Ministry of Defence of Ukraine and the Armed Forces of Ukraine, their ability to effectively manage defence budget, meet social obligations to preparation, preserving life and health of military personnel, quickly and without loss supply material resources in the area of anti-terrorist operations.
- Creation of an effective institutional mechanism to prevent corruption in the military administration, strengthen the capacity to fight corruption in state enterprises, institutions and organizations belonging to the Ministry of Defence of Ukraine.
- Strengthening human resources policies to ensure the integrity of military and civilian personnel, a negative attitude towards corruption.
- Intolerance for corruption offenses during the enforcement objectives of protection of sovereignty and territorial integrity of Ukraine, the participation of the Armed Forces of Ukraine in international peacekeeping activities.
- Elimination of corruption factors and reforming procurement procedures.
- Strengthening the effectiveness of financial resources, transparency of budget programs, the development and maintenance of internal control.
- Ensuring conditions to report the facts of violations of anti-corruption legislation, the use of effective and deterrent measures to persons involved in corruption.
- Ensure openness and transparency, public participation in the prevention of corruption.
MoD Ukraine Structural Units on Preventing Corruption
Corruption Prevention and Combating Bureau
- training, support and monitoring of measures to prevent corruption;
- providing guidance and advice on compliance with anti-corruption laws;
- participation in the information and research support to prevent and detect corruption and international cooperation in this area;
- organization and advocacy to prevent, detect and combat corruption;
- audit of the timely delivery of declarations of property, income, expenses and financial obligations as well as verification of these declarations on the existence of a conflict of interest, and the implementation of logical and arithmetic control;
- monitoring compliance with legislation on conflict of interest;
- monitoring the compliance with the anti-corruption legislation.
Department for Internal Control and Internal Audit
- to establish the system of internal control at the Ministry of Defence of Ukraine and General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine and other controlled entities and its improvement;
- to improve the system of management of financial and material resources of the Ministry of Defence of Ukraine and the Armed Forces of Ukraine;
- to prevent the illegal, inefficient and ineffective use of financial and material resources of the Ministry of Defence of Ukraine, the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, other affiliated entities;
- to prevent errors or other flaws in the operations of the Ministry of Defence of Ukraine, the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine and other affiliated entities.
Military Law Enforcement Service
- to identify the causes, conditions and circumstances of the crimes and other offenses committed in military units and at military establishments; search for persons who illegally left military units (the duty);
- to prevent and suppress crimes and other offenses in the Armed Forces of Ukraine;
- to protect military facilities and ensure public order and military discipline among the personnel in locations of military units, military towns, streets and public places;
- to protect property of the Armed Forces of Ukraine from stealing and other crimes;
- to ensure road safety of military vehicles;
- to participate in the garrison events;
- to execute in certain cases decisions on detention in military guardhouse;
- to enforce criminal penalties in respect of soldiers who sentenced to detention in a penal battalion;
- to assist, within its jurisdiction, the authority conducting operational-search activities, pre-trial investigation agencies and courts, public authorities, local governments, bodies of military administration, enterprises, institutions and organizations in the performance of their duties under the law;
- to involve in combating manifestations of sabotage and terrorist attacks on military targets.
Building Integrity Centre
- to conduct research activities on building integrity and preventing corruption in the defence sector;
- to provide methodical training courses on building integrity and preventing corruption in the defence sector;
- to conduct training sessions on building integrity and preventing corruption in the defence sector;
- to participate in the development (implementation expertise) of the draft laws and other legal acts within the authirities of the Center.
01Training, support and monitoring of measures to prevent corruption
02To provide law and order and military discipline; to prevent crime and other offences; to protect the property
03Improving the system of management of financial and material resources; prevent the illegal, inefficient and ineffective use of financial and material resources; prevention of errors or other flaws
04To raise awareness, promote good practice and provide practical tools to help the Ministry of Defence of Ukraine build integrity and reduce risks of corruption in the defence sector by strengthening transparency and accountability
Prospects for continued cooperation between the Ministry of Defence and the CIDS under a new 2019-2021 Project related to building integrity, anti-corruption, and procurement.more
It will raise the level of trust of the United States and country donors, U.S. Department of Defence Internal Control Program coordinator Steven Silverstein has said.more
Minister of Defence of Ukraine General of the Army of Ukraine Stepan Poltorak held talks with Phil Jones, foreign adviser (UK), and John Chesshyr, CEO, UK Audit Company.more
The U.S. government is a vocal advocate for the creation of Anti-Corruption Court composed of judges properly vetted and of highest integritymore